Do I Need to Notify the DMV If I Register a Vehicle in Another State?

Do you need to notify the CA DMV if you register a vehicle in another state? Yes, if you are planning to move to another state. You have to register your car in California within 20 days of moving. Even if you aren’t planning to move to another state, you need to register your car in California within 30 days.

Once you have purchased a vehicle in another state, you need to change your registration in California. You will need to fill out a form, which will be available online. In person, you will need to bring the vehicle to the DMV’s office to update the registration. You can use the mail or the online service to do this. If you don’t have an appointment, you can call the DMV and make an appointment.

Final Touch

The process for updating your vehicle registration in California is simple. You will need to provide the DMV with the appropriate documents for your new state. You must submit an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) if you are registering a new vehicle in California. You must provide proof of ownership in order to register your car in California. If you are transferring a vehicle from another state to California, you will need to submit a duplicate or transfer of title.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button